Could your communication skills change the lives of disabled people?
AbilityNet is the leading UK charity for computing and disability, supported by some of the biggest names in IT. Now in our 21st year we have a range of free and paid for services that help disabled people achieve their goals at home, at work, in education and on the web. We also run a number of acclaimed events, including our Tech4Good Awards, TechShare Pro and IT Volunteer Conference.
Our marketing and communications team is responsible for raising awareness of what we do across an incredibly diverse range of audiences. We work together on a rolling programme of campaigns built around blog posts, advertising, webinars, social media, PR, our website and many other channels, sharing knowledge and promoting our paid for services.
About the role
We want to appoint a communications professional who can bring new ideas and proven expertise in a business or charity setting.
You'll be a specialist with lots of relevant experience of working on digital campaigns, with copywriting and creative skills that can take our work to a new level:
- At least two years experience of planning and delivering creative and engaging comms campaigns, either in an agency or client-side
- Outstanding verbal and written communications, impressive copy editing skills and a proven track record of writing, editing and sharing content for online audiences
- A clear understanding of the current use of all digital channels
- A collaborative, adaptable and flexible approach to teamwork
- Familiar with guiding production processes across a range of media, including blog posts, white papers, website copy, video and webinars.
Ideally we'd like to find someone with a personal experience of the power of tech to transform lives of disabled people.
You will be part of a small friendly team that works with colleagues from across the organisation. You'll have the flexibility of working from home, with regular meetings in Brighton and London, as well as occasional travel to our other offices and other events.
This is a great opportunity to make a real impact as part of a dynamic charity, at the forefront of the many ways that technology can transform the lives of disabled people.
How to apply
To apply for this role please send an up-to-date CV and covering note. Your covering note should cover the following points:
- What is of most interest to you about the role?
- One example of your past work which is relevant to this role.
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org